Monday, September 14, 2015

6 Health Apps that you should Download


1. Nike +

Nike + is a great running app that gives you rewards and trophys for completing certain tasks. It has a competitive edge with it's way of connecting with your friends for a friendly challenge you can create. I've used it for several years and have found it useful to keep me motivated as you see your progression with your past records. 

2. Mapmyrun 

I've switched over to using mapmyrun for my running app because it helps me more with what I want to do during my runs. The best part of this app is being able to route your run before you head out. It also gives you locations of drinking fountains and bathrooms in the area.  This app is more for long distance runners.  It has several challenges you can join and actually get coupons and gifts for being active!  

3. Myfitnesspal 

Myfitnesspal has helped me with losing a lot of my weight. The usefulness of the app also depends on the type of person you are. I take time to record what I eat because I have a metabolism that is hard to control without knowing how many calories I consume. This app is most useful in giving you total calories consumption, macronutrients, and the number of steps you walk a day. It's great at keeping your records in nutrition. 

4. JEFIT

If you are a beginner in weight lifting, I highly recommend downloading this app. It's a great place to start with beginner workouts with weights. It gives you guidance, a rest timer, and multiple customizable workouts. 

5. Sleep Time

Sleep is very important in helping you reach your goals.  Here is an app that can be used as an alarm clock and a sleep analyzer.  Instead of abruptly waking you up like all other alarm clocks, this alarm clock gradually increases its volume to help you transition from sleeping to being wide awake.  It has several options of nature sounds.  Once you set the alarm, you can set it anywhere on your bed, and it will start recording your sleep movements which are correlated to what sleep state you are in.  You will be able to see what your sleep cycles look like when you wake up.  The benefit of seeing your sleep cycles is being able to change your day and amount of time you sleep to get a good nights sleep.  Give it a try!

6. Others

There are hundreds of fitness, health, and workout apps out there. These are just a few that I enjoy and work for my lifestyle. Give other apps a try to see what works for your goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment